Monday, November 21, 2005

Senior Citizens With Tattooes

Will he wear long sleeves and perhaps even turtlenecks, or will he take his shirt off at the beach, when he's old and gray?

I don't think that Allen Iverson looks good with his tattooes now, and about six months at Wal-Mart I saw a woman who had to be in her 70's with a bunch of tattooes. Now, I doubt that she was a professional athlete like Iverson, so she didn't look as toned as AI, but I can't imagine that he'll look cool at 70 with a bunch of old tattooes. She certainly did not.

Don't get me wrong, I like his game (within reason) even when at times I questioned his coachability, but I just wonder about the tattoo thing. Sure, I'll take a polka-dotted, tattooed shooting guard if he can fill it up with the best of them. I just wonder about tattooes on very old guys. Oh, not just the Navy anchor that many a former Navy guy has somewhere on is forearm because he hoisted a few too many when on shore leave. I'm talking about the wall-to-wall artwork.

Somehow, I can't imagine AI as an old man, but I imagine that he'd still think at the age of 70 that he could fill it up with the best point guards. My guess is that he'd be willing to go out on the court and take the best of the NBA's players to the hoop.

Tattooes or no tattooes.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I've got to agree with you, it's going to be interesting to see the "ink" on these guys in 45 years.

The coolest tattoo I ever saw was an older navy guy with the woman with a see-through nighty on his forearm. One because it was old and wrinkled and bleeding, two because it was a naked woman in classic pin up design and three this was at the Turtle Bay YWCA.

Michael said...

While we're at it.
At 70 AI will still be playing 40 Minutes a Night in the NBA :)