Friday, June 11, 2010

University of Spoiled Children?

The findings about Pete Carroll's USC football program are not pretty.

Piano players at whorehouses usually know what's going on upstairs, and the linked article seems to indicate that the administration knew or should have known about some of the violations and should have done something about it.

Instead, it seemed like it was "don't ask, don't tell."

Whatever happened to "Don't lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do."

Oops, that's the motto of the United States Military Academy, which, last I checked, couldn't hold a candle to USC on the football field.

But I'd rather have those guys (and gals) defending the country any day of the week.

And grown men who cover BCS football have to ask themselves what they're covering -- amateur football or professional football that's called amateur football to make everyone feel good (under the guise that if you say something enough, it must be true). We glorify these players, and for what particular reason?

When I lived in California I would see bumper stickers that said, "My favorite team is _____________ and any team that is playing USC."

Now I know why.

No comments: